01. Come Fly With Me (Live) | 3:20
02. I’ve Got You Under My Skin (Live) | 3:50
03. Don’t Worry ‘Bout Me (Live) | 3:37
04. You Make Me Feel So Young (Live) | 3:02
05. My Kind Of Town (Live) | 2:44
06. Fly Me To The Moon (Live) | 2:56
07. Summer Wind (Live) | 3:19
08. They Can’t Take That Away From Me (Live) | 3:12
09. The Lady Is A Tramp (Live) | 3:15
10. One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) (Live) | 4:12
50 years ago, magic was made on the stage of the Sands Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, when the timeless cool of Frank Sinatra met the robust swing of the Count Basie Orchestra. Sinatra at the Sands has remained a beloved classic ever since, the perfect marriage of old-school pop and big band jazz.
Singer, songwriter and saxophonist Curtis Stigers has been bringing those worlds together in his own music for the last three decades (along with touches of nearly every other genre one could call to mind), which makes him an ideal candidate to reinterpret Ol’ Blue Eyes’ cherished repertoire for modern ears. On his twelfth album and ninth release for Concord Records, One More For The Road, Stigers captures the rare alchemy of hipness, elegance, playfulness and feeling that made Sinatra’s renditions of these songs immortal while adding his own unique twist.
On One More For The Road, released January 20, 2017 via Concord Jazz, Stigers finds his own version of that elusive Sinatra-Basie chemistry with the virtuosic and ebulliently swinging musicians of the Danish Radio Big Band. Recorded in the band’s headquarters, the acoustic marvel that is the DR Koncerthuset in Copenhagen, the bristling live recording features the DRBB playing vibrant takes based on the original Nelson Riddle and Billy May arrangements, which can’t help but spark inspired vocal performances from Stigers.
©2017 Curtis Stigers, under exclusive license to Concord Music Group, Inc. All rights reserved.